Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a National level entrance exam conducted by NTA for admission into management programmes offered by AICTE affiliated institutes. CMAT is a 3 hour long computer based exam and tests the language skills, logical and critical thinking of the aspirants.
CMAT 2023 will be conducted across 100+ designated examination centres. It is conducted once annually. Go through this article to know more about the same.
What is CMAT exam?
CMAT is a popular business aptitude test taken by aspirants who are willing to go for an MBA or a PGDM degree. Every year around 70,000 students give CMAT. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
The score of CMAT is accepted by many top level B-schools like Great Lakes Institute of Management, KJ Somaiya Mumbai, JBIMS, Welingkar Mumbai, and many more. The test consists of 100 questions and has 5 sections namely Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness and Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Why should you appear for CMAT?
- CMAT is a relatively easier exam as compared to CAT/XAT, so you can score high and secure an admission into a top B-school.
- It is conducted nearly at the end of the MBA entrance exam season and hence you get ample amount of time to prepare for it.
- It doesn’t need an aggregate of 50% marks in your bachelor’s degree, so any student with passing marks can apply for it.
- Around 1500 colleges accept your CMAT score, giving you numerous options to select from.
CMAT 2023 important dates
|CMAT registration starts||First week of January 23|
|CMAT registration last date||Third week of March 2023|
|CMAT 2023 admit card download||April 2023|
|CMAT 2023 exam||First week of April 2023|
|CMAT 2023 results||Fourth week of April 2023|
To apply for CMAT, an aspirant must meet the following criterias:
- Must have completed graduation or have a relevant degree
- Students in their final year of bachelor’s degree can also apply, provided they have passing certificate during the time of admission
CMAT Exam pattern
The syllabus of CMAT is similar to other MBA entrance exams. Following is the exam pattern:
|Quantitative Ability and Data interpretation||20|
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship||20|
Cut-offs of top colleges accepting CMAT scores:
|College Name||Estimated Cut-Offs in Percentiles (%ile)|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||95+|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai||95+|
|Great Lakes of Management, Chennai||95+|
|Dept. Of management Sciences, University of Pune||95+|
|Xavier institute of Social Science, Ranchi||95+|
|Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai||85+|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management||85+|